So, it was recently one of my dear friend’s birthday and, as part of her birthday presents, I was just in the mood of making a DIY body scrub! We all know that girls love that kind of stuff, right?! AND it’s super fun / easy to make so I thought: why not?
Here are the steps I used to I made this easy DIY sugar scrub using ingredients you can all find in your kitchen! Also, this recipe is great because you can pretty much replace the “secondary” ingredients by anything you want!
- a – cute – jar
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 1 to 2 or more cups of granulated sugar (depending on how coarse you want it to be!)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract (optional)
- 8-10 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil (can be replaced with any essential oil)
- a few drops of food coloring (depends on the color you want to achieve!)
Summer vibes definitely got me going for this recipe and I thought all ingredients combined together would basically smell like a nice beach day! Ylang Ylang being a yellow flower from Tahiti, I decided to go for a yellow-ish orange color since I liked it better than bright yellow.
I started by putting the sugar into a big mixing bowl. To make mixing everything together easier, I decided to heat the coconut oil up for about 30 seconds. Once it will be sitting in the jar for a while, it will go back to being solid and you’ll have a true sugar scrub!
After mixing well, I added the vanilla, the Ylang Ylang essential oil and a few drops of food coloring!
I finally poured the mix into cute little jars 😊 I made a full size one for my friend and kept some in a jar for me to try it.
TIME TO TEST THIS OUT!
The Aftermath: 3 things I noticed
1. After this picture I took of my weird-looking leg, I bumped into many, many things before reaching my shower 😌. The huge plus for me is that the sugar stays on your skin and doesn’t fall off! You really have to scrub to get it out 😉
2. The smell of Ylang Ylang overpowers the rest when opening the container. However, once the skin is dry, you are left with a really subtle smell that’s closer to coconut!
3. Before making the scrub, I really wondered if the coconut oil was going to make my skin greasy and sticky. It’s such a nice surprise to find out that it actually makes it really smooth and moisturized!
So how did you guys like this DIY? Are you thinking of trying it at home? What would YOU put in it?
Let me know in the comments below!! Also, be sure to tell me if you want to see more things like this in the future!
Thank you for reading 💖